Hello everyone!!! Following the highlights of yesterday’s events, todays highlights have seen better results, as Team GB‘s men’s curlers qualified after beating Sweden 6-5 with the curling stone for the curling final which happens on Friday.
However, it wasn’t all that good for the women’s curlers event, as Team GB’s women’s curlers lost 6-4 to Canada, but, there is still a chance for the women’s curlers of Great Britain to get a bronze medal in the play-off tomorrow.
Here are todays highlights, rounding off the 12th day of the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi:
- Team GB beat Sweden 6-5 with the final stone to qualify for the Curling final taking place on Friday.
- GB’s women’s curlers lost 6-4 to Canada, but will go on to aim for a bronze tomorrow in the women’s play-off curling event.
- GB’s Walker and Wilson finished 12th in the women’s bobsleigh.
- Finland beat Russia with a score of 3-1 in the men’s Ice Hockey quarter-final.
- Norway’s Ole Einar Bjoerndalen won the record 13th Winter Olympic Medal.
- American Ted Ligety won Gold in the men’s giant slalom skiing.
Below are the updated medal results, rounding off today’s Winter Olympic Games: