Hello everyone!!! As today marks the last day of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games before the Closing Ceremony tomorrow, I wanted to do a small, but quick run-down of the highlights of today’s events, as I want to be sure tomorrow’s Closing Ceremony goes out with a bang.
Before the highlights, our Gold medallist, Lizzy Yarnold of Team GB will be carrying the flag for Great Britain at the Closing Ceremony tomorrow, which is the best kind of news to hear the day before the Closing Ceremony, and our men and women curlers receive their medals after winning in yesterday’s curling event.
Here’s a quick-fire of the highlights from todays events:
- GBR1 place seventh at the halfway point of the four-man bobsleigh.
- Skeleton Gold medallist, Elizabeth Yarnold will carry the flag for Team GB at tomorrow’s Closing Ceremony of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
- Austrian Mario Matt won the men’s slalom, with Team GB’s David Ryding placed at 18th.
- GB’s men and women curlers receive their medals following yesterday’s Curling events.
- Julia Dujmovits and Vic Wild won Gold in the Snowboard Parallel Slalom.
- The Cross-Country Skiier, Marit Bjoergen won the Sixth Winter Olympic Gold medal.
Before I round off the final day of events before tomorrow’s Closing Ceremony, I have provided the updated medal results of all countries, ranging from the lowest amount of medals to the highest amount of medals in the medal table: