As I decided to treat myself to the new PlayStation 4 Slim 1TB console after a tough year, it’s safe to say I was not disappointed, as I was able to get in on a deal with PC World as they were selling three games bundled with the PlayStation 4 Slim; those games were DRIVECLUB, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End & The Last of Us Remastered.
Thankfully, I was able to get in on the deal when I did because Sony never disappoints where consoles and gaming are involved, as the console itself is much quieter than the original PS4, given that I know a friend of mine who has the original PS4 whose PS4 actually makes a noise even if the console is standing upright or horizontally when gameplay is in progress or when a film is being played on the PlayStation 4.
For the PlayStation 4 Slim, it’s so quiet! It can surprise you though when you stand it upright when a DVD is inserted into the disc compartment, as it makes quite a noise while it reads the DVD, but that, to me, is a good thing, because if the PS4 Slim can make that much of a noise while it reads a DVD, then you know the DVD will play with no problem.
So, What is in the Box?
The PlayStation 4 Slim comes bundled with the following items:
- PlayStation 4 Slim
- PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Controller
- HDMI Cable
- PlayStation In-Ear Headphones (these can be plugged into the PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Controller if you join a Party in progress with your friends).
- Quick Start Guide
- Guarantee Booklet
- PlayStation Guarantee
- PlayStation Protection Policy
- Safety Guide
- DualShock 4 USB Charging Cable.
If you brought the three game bundle that I purchased with the PlayStation 4 Slim, you would get the following games:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- The Last of Us Remastered.
Other PlayStation 4 Slim game bundles are available and are listed below:
- PlayStation 4 Slim (1 TB) / DRIVECLUB / Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End / Ratchet & Clank – 3 Game Bundle
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Bundle
- PlayStation 4 Slim (1 TB) / Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Bundle / Includes a Digital Copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered with 10 MP Maps
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Watch Dogs 2 Bundle / Includes the first Watch Dogs.
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Includes FIFA 17 and a 1-Year PlayStation Plus Subscription
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Battlefield 1 Bundle
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / The Batman Bundle / Includes: Batman Arkham Knight, Batman: Return to Arkham & Batman: A Telltale Series
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Includes Battlefield 1 and an Afterglow AG9 Headset
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Includes Titanfall 2 and a 90-Day PlayStation Plus Subscription
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / Grand Theft Auto V Bundle
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB) / LEGO Star Wars Bundle.
If you prefer the standalone PlayStation 4 Slim with no games, below are the listed PlayStation 4 Slim storage choices:
- PlayStation 4 Slim (500 GB)
- PlayStation 4 Slim (1 TB).
What do I think of the PlayStation 4 Slim? I think it’s so good because the speed of the console is extremely fast and thanks to Sony making it possible to share gameplay from PS4 Games, I have been able to upload some gameplay videos to my YouTube channel. Plus, I love how you can keep in touch with your friends over the PlayStation Network, including the added ability to play games that you don’t have that your friends have with Share Play, which allows you to invite friends to play a game that they don’t have over your internet connection. This is beneficial for me because if I don’t have a game that a friend does own, then I can receive the controls from the game from a friend and then play that game that they are playing, and that’s a massive bonus.
In terms of the size of the console, I am pleased that I was able to get in on the three-game console deal when I did, as I find the console spacious considering I can stand it up vertically without worrying about the PlayStation 4 Slim heating up, and because I have also got a stand for the PlayStation 4 Slim, this helps me in many ways as I can still find the space to move things around in my bedroom whilst the console is in its own place. I have noticed even though this is my first PlayStation 4 that it’s a little smaller than the original PlayStation 4, so that’s perfect for me considering I like to have enough room to position a console or two. With that being said, the console itself is really quiet and it works perfectly in my bedroom.
Overall, I was lucky to get the PlayStation 4 Slim when I did, because as Sony & Activision recently showed off the comeback trailer and the first gameplay video of some of the remastered levels of Crash Bandicoot: N⋅Sane Trilogy, it’s safe to say that I am absolutely excited for the trilogy considering it’s out sometime in 2017, and once it’s out, I am definitely purchasing it. A lot of good games are coming to the PlayStation 4, so I cannot wait to find out what games are in store next year.
But overall, I love the PlayStation 4 Slim and I wholeheartedly recommend the PlayStation 4 Slim to all of you.
To end this in spectacular style, as Sony would say: “This is for the Players.“
If you enjoyed my review of the PlayStation 4 Slim, then please feel free to submit feedback below. All feedback is much appreciated.
© Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Sony Corporation 2016
© Any logos / promotional images used, such as the Registered PS4 Trademark, including the Vertical PlayStation 4 Slim Stand and the PlayStation 4 Slim & DualShock 4 Controller are all copyright of Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Sony Corporation. No Copyright Infringement Intended.