Hello everyone!!! Following on from Monday’s events, yesterday was a really good day for most of us, as Elise Christie has qualified for the quarter-finals into the 1,000m women’s short track, and Team GB‘s men’s curlers beat Norway 6-5 to reach the semi finals. Yesterday, in honesty was a really good day for all of us overall.
It wasn’t all good news, however for the violinist Vanessa-Mae as she finished 67th and was the last of the finishers. GB’s Buchan and Machon fell short and ended up failing to qualify in the men’s ski halfpipe.
Below is a quick summary, highlighting and rounding off yesterday’s events as they unfolded, and also displays the overall determined final results of events that took place:
- David Wise of the United States won Gold in the men’s halfpipe ski event.
- Great Britain’s Elise Christie qualified for the quarter-finals in the 1,000 women’s short track event.
- GB’s Walker and Wilson came 12th at the halfway point in the women’s bobsleigh event.
- Russia’s men beat Norway 4-0 in the Ice Hockey play-off.
- The Violinist, Vanessa-Mae finsihed 67th and was the last of the finishers.
- Team GB’s men’s curlers won against Norway 6-5 to reach the semi-finals.
- GB’s Buchan and Machon ended up failing to qualify in the men’s ski halfpipe event.
To conclude, the updated medal results are below, with countries such as Germany, Norway, the Netherlands, the United States, the Russian Federation and Canada currently holding the highest collected amount of medals since the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games started on February 7th: